Sunday, January 25, 2009

Latest Obsession - Glasvegas!

Check out this band. They are mere pups, but their music sounds like they have been listening to Gen X and Icicle Works, with a bit of Clash thrown in for the punk guitar sound. There is definitely some Oasis and maybe even some Pulp (BMad!) in there, too. BRILLIANT. Plus, their drummer is a girl and I am wondering if it is too late for me to be her when I grow up?

I can't stop listening to Geraldine-- so sad and so catchy, all at the same time. I have spent much of the last two days blasting the album and dancing around the house, singing at the top of my lungs. M says this band appeals to my "inner Morrissey" because their lyrics are dark. I say, "Is that a bad thing?"

I have tried to embed the video, but the band has asked that youtube not enable embedding. So, click on over and take a look and a listen; you won't be sorry, I promise!

(Tip: singing along is a must and should be done in a raging Glaswegian accent for full effect.)

No comments: